Learn to make these tasty signature cocktails for your next holiday party.
You may not be a mixologist, but these signature drinks will have guests convinced you’ve been taking secret bartending lessons. Word to the wise: Leave the fancy bottle spins to the professionals.
1 The Welder
- 1 1/2 oz Forty Creek Premium Barrel Select Whisky
- 1/2 oz Aperol
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1 oz chili syrup
- 1 chili pepper, for garnish
Pour the whisky, Aperol, lemon juice and chili syrup into an ice-filled cocktail shaker and shake well. Strain into an ice-filled lowball glass and top with the chili pepper.
2 Brandy Crusta
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Granulated sugar, for garnish
- 2 oz Hennessy Very Special Cognac
- Splash orange curaçao
- Dash Angostura bitters
- Peel of half a lemon, for garnish
Prepare a rock glass by moistening the rim with a touch of the lemon juice and dipping it in the sugar. Combine the cognac, curaçao, more lemon juice and the bitters in a shaker. Shake and strain into the glass. Add 1 ice cube and the lemon peel garnish.
3 Jamaican Honey Soother
- 2 parts Appleton Estate Rare Blend 12 Year Old Rum
- 1/4 part honey
- 1/2 part fresh lime juice
Directions: Pour the rum, honey and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well, strain into a coupette cocktail glass.
4 Dark & Stormy
- 2 oz Chic Choc Spiced Rum
- Ginger beer
- Lime wedge, for garnish
Directions: Fill a highball glass with ice cubes. Add the spiced rum and then top it off with the ginger beer. Stir, and garnish with the lime wedge.